Picture this: succulent, melt-in-your-mouth pork belly, perfectly seasoned and seared to crispy perfection. Imagine biting into that heavenly piece of meat, complemented by a medley of fresh toppings and a kick of heat from our signature Mexican hot sauce. Are you drooling yet?
Are you ready to embark on a flavor adventure that will make your taste buds dance? Look no further than the glorious creation known as the pork belly taco. This mouthwatering delight combines the rich and succulent flavors of pork belly with the fresh and zesty goodness of a taco. It's a match made in food heaven!
Our Mexican Hot Sauce: Spice Up Your Tacos!
No taco is complete without a dash of hot sauce, and our Mexican hot sauce is here to bring the heat! Made with a secret blend of fiery chilies, aromatic spices, and a hint of tangy citrus, our hot sauce will take your taste buds on a wild ride. It's the perfect balance of heat and flavour, guaranteed to leave you craving more.
Let's Get Cooking!
Now that you're salivating over the thought of pork belly tacos, it's time to roll up your sleeves and get cooking! Jake from @bbqwithjake has put together a step-by-step recipe that will guide you through the process of creating these mouthwatering delights. From marinating the pork belly to assembling the tacos with all the fixings, we've got you covered.
- Skinless Pork belly joint (1kg will feed about 3 people)
- Yellow Mustard
- BBQ Rub or your choice, something sweet works well with Pork Belly
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- Small Cucumber
- ½ Pineapple
- 2 large Tomato’s
- ½ Red onion
- The Mexican One Hot Sauce 2 Tbsp (and more to add to the Taco)
- Coriander to garnish
- Corn Tortillas
- Set up your BBQ for indirect cooking at 125c.
- Rub yellow mustard all over the pork (as a binder) and then season heavily with your favourite BBQ rub. I use Meatchurch Texas Sugar. You want to season heavily so that you can't see any meat through the rub.
- Smoke until the meat has an internal temp of around 74c (this could take anywhere from 2-5 hours depending on the size of the meat!)
- Wrap tightly in foil and put back on the BBQ until the internal temperature is around 96c and the meat probes like butter with no resistance.
- Rest for 30 minutes and slice.
- Cut your pineapple, cucumber, tomato and onion in to small cubes and add it all to a bowl.
- Add your lime juice and The Mexican One (Jalapeño & Lime Hot Sauce) and stir.
- Build your tacos and garnish with Coriander and more hot sauce
Tips for building an epic taco!
Choose Your Tortilla Wisely
First things first, let's talk tortillas. The foundation of any good taco lies in the choice of tortilla. Corn or flour, that is the question. Corn tortillas offer an authentic and slightly nutty flavor, while flour tortillas are soft and versatile. Whichever you choose, make sure to warm them up before assembling your taco. A cold tortilla is a sad tortilla😞 .
Wrap it Up, Buttercup!
Gently fold the tortilla over the fillings, making sure to secure all the deliciousness inside. If you're feeling adventurous, you can even try your hand at the double-tortilla technique for extra sturdiness. No taco wants to suffer from a catastrophic filling spill!
So there you have it, amigos! With these tips in your taco-building arsenal, you're well on your way to becoming a taco connoisseur. Now go forth and create the taco of your dreams.