During the Christmas period, it's the perfect time to indulge in delicious and festive meals. And what better way to celebrate than with a mouthwatering burger that combines all the flavours of the season?
What makes this burger so special?
Let's break it down, shall we? First, you've got the star of the show: pulled turkey. Tender, juicy, and packed with flavour, this turkey is slow-cooked to perfection. It's like a warm hug for your taste buds. Next up, we've got the creamy brie. This cheese adds a touch of elegance to the burger, melting into every nook and cranny and creating a luscious, gooey texture.
But we're not done yet! The Festive Burger wouldn't be complete without a generous helping of stuffing. Picture this: crispy, golden-brown bread crumbs mixed with aromatic herbs and spices. It's like a party in your mouth! And to top it all off, we've got our cranberry hot sauce. This tangy, slightly spicy sauce adds a burst of flavour that cuts through the richness of the other ingredients. It's the perfect balance of sweet and heat.
How to make:
Grab the following ingredients:
- Turkey Thigh Joint (skin removed)
- 1 bottle of The Festive One
- 2tsp of Olive Oil
- 1.5tbsp salt
- 1.5tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 0.5tbsp thyme
- 1 white onion
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 3 sticks of celery
- Slice of brie
- Burger bun
- Pigs in Blankets
1. Preheat BBQ to 125 degrees and set up for indirect cooking
2. Mix your salt, pepper, garlic and thyme together in bowl
3. Rub olive oil over the meat and season generously with the rub you have just mixed.
4. Smoke for 2-3 hours, until the internal temperature reaches around 74 degrees.
5. Remove the turkey and up the BBQ temp to 180 degrees
6. Add your Turkey, Onion, Celery and Chicken stock to a tray, cover with foil and cook for a further 1.5-2 hours or until the meat on the fork is tender.
7. While the turkey is cooking, add your stuffing and pigs in blankets to the BBQ and leave until fully cooked.
8. Remove from the turkey from the grill, allow a few minutes to cool and then pull your turkey.
9. Mix in a generous amount of The Festive One
10. Build your burger and enjoy!
A HUGE thank you to @bbqwithjake (Jake Meades) for this creation.
You're a total smoke squad legend!